Summary of Job Duties
Manages the activities in maintenance and engineering departments by providing technical support for maintenance, operations & QC/QA.
Specific Job Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring production efficiency.
- Ability to lead and provide product cost estimates for new and used equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot manufacturing & packaging equipment issues with full documentation practices.
- Responsible for providing engineering designs, optimization and technical support, equipment and modifications including specifications, requests for quotation, solicitation and evaluation.
- Communicating department goals and objectives and cascading them to others, ensuring workload is distributed appropriately to achieve goals and objectives
- Lead the development of all manufacturing and packaging equipment towards automation.
- Perform and support CQV (communication, qualification & validation) of all used and new equipment acquisition.
- Participates and manages all kaizen activities.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of equipment, materials or services.
- Collaborate with vendors to prepare project specifications.
- All other duties as assigned by Threshold management.
This position is directly responsible for supervising the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Planner.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 7+ years experience managing engineering and/or maintenance department in a “Lean” environment.
- Degree in mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated MS Office proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy on all tasks.
- Strong critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Comprehensive knowledge of cGMP’s SOP’s, auditing and inspection.
- Demonstrated CAD experience.
- Familiarity with equipment in Nutra/Pharma-Industry
- Bilingual English / Spanish
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 850 employees.