Summary of Job Duties:
To act as Quality Control (QC) Supervisor under the guidance of and reporting to the QC Manager. Duties are to assist the QC Manager with the management of the QC Department ( laboratory focus ), including the ability to make decisions concerning various QC inspections and processes, oversee QC staff training, participate in the creation and implementation of Departmental policy and procedures, and interact with other departments to accomplish Quality Control and Company goals.
Specific Job Duties:
- Meet with QC Manager and QC Lab staff to discuss lab priorities and any upcoming tasks or projects.
- Work with QC leadership in managing the QC Department by overseeing daily lab operations, making decisions concerning various QC inspections and processes, and helping to interpret / review data related to out-of-specification test results or raw material/product failure.
- Lead the QC Department and individual functional teams in accomplishing team, department and company goals. Participate in and drive the review and creation of new and existing departmental policies and procedures, help initiate and coordinate the regular review of internal QC procedures ( test logbooks, SOP’s etc. ) to help ensure company compliance with GMPs and other regulatory guidelines.
- Guide the training and goal development of new and continuing laboratory personnel through orientation plans, review and approval of training / refresher training documentation and participating / conducting regular one-on-one performance discussions with employees. Guide and maintain the department’s goal of self directed work teams
- Assist in driving the resolution of disputes, differences of opinion, other personnel issues and unexpected equipment or product failures. Guide staff and assist where needed to resolve personnel, equipment repair, and out-of-specification testing issues.
- Participate in or lead cross-departmental meetings regarding process improvement or special projects.
- Receive training in teambuilding skills such as Threshold’s HPS workshops and self directed teams.
- Write reports and memos relating to QC laboratory operations and specific investigations and assist with the compilation of test results.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- 48 months lab experience with advanced proficiency in at least 3 areas listed below.
- Ability to lift 30+ pounds.
- 20/20 vision or corrected vision.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or equivalent experience.
- One to two years supervisory training and/or experience (or equivalent role ).
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Analytical laboratory experience using HPLC, ICP-MS, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometer, wet chemistry, microbiological, and general analytical laboratory techniques.
- Work experience in QA, QC or medical device Manufacturer.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 850 employees.