Lead Copywriter-Team Manager
Summary of Job Duties:
The Sr. Copywriter is responsible for writing copy and managing our in house writing team to deliver copy that engages consumers and builds our brands. This individual has the opportunity to build our creative capabilities; help create a best in class website for our flagship Source Natural(s) brand and achieve our category leadership vision. Visit sourcenaturals.com and planetaryherbals.com to learn more about our brands.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Write clear, persuasive copy that is on brief. Personally write and/or lead the writing team in creating consumer and trade print, sell sheets, digital media, education pieces, blogger outreach and web content.
2. Lead and develop our in house writing team. Manage copy from ideation to completion.
3. Plan, assign, prioritize and track the execution of multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines.
4. Play a key role in creative strategy development, in collaboration with the Marketing Director, Brand Manager and Graphics Supervisor. Craft creative briefs.
5. Generate unique ideas and concepts.
6. Ensure that copy is accurate and complies with regulatory guidelines.
7. Partner with the marketing team to refine brand messaging and tone of voice for the company and our brands.
8. Understand our products and consumers to ensure writing resonates with our target audience.
9. Foster an environment of innovation, team work and collaboration.
10. Stay current on advertising and media trends.
11. Perform other duties as directed by management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. 4+ year’s consumer/retail copywriting experience with an Advertising Agency or a high volume in house Creative Services team.
2. Extensive experience producing high-quality copy and concepts for a variety of media, including print, web and digital media.
3. Proven ability to collaborate with designers and marketing teams.
4. A passion for writing, ideas and standout creative.
5. Demonstrated success developing creative talent and shaping other people’s work.
6. Must be able to write from scratch and transform creative brief selling points into engaging copy.
7. The ability to work with limited supervision, complete most projects in 4 or fewer copy rounds.
8. Well developed marketing instincts, including the ability to identify key selling points, using multiple sources of input.
9. People and thought leadership skills; an initiator.
10. Excellent writing, organization and communication skills.
11. The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
12. Persistence and drive to achieve goals in a culture undergoing significant change.
13. A BA degree.
14. Proficiency in Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
Skills and/or Training Desired
1. Interest in creating breakout creative for small to mid size consumer brands.
2. Portfolio required at interview
3. Consumer Packaged goods experience highly desirable.
4. An interest in the natural products industry.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 23 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 600 employees.