Human Resources Director
Summary of Job Duties
The Human Resources Director originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, team work, good communications, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The HR Director also coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through the Human Resources staff, reports to executive management, serves on the executive management team, and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Specific Job Duties
- Recruiting, staffing, and personnel management
- Administration of performance management and improvement systems
- Oversight of administration of leaves of absence and ADA issues
- Management member of the collective bargaining unit team
- Employee development
- Employment-related compliance and regulatory affairs
- Union agreement management and compliance
- Employee orientation, development, and training programs
- Employee policy development and documentation
- Promote and foster good employee/management and labor relations
- Company employee and community communication
- Employee compensation and benefits design and administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health program design, implementation and administration
- Charitable giving and employee services and counseling
- Other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Minimum 10 years experience in Human Resources with at least 5 years at director level
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Experience dealing with complex employee relations issues including benefits, LOA administration, Worker’s Compensation, Collective Bargaining, ADA issues, and litigation matters
- Extensive knowledge and experience with state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and teaming skills
Skills and/or Training Desired:
1. PHR/SPHR certification experience preferred.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 850 employees.