Summary of Job Duties
Evaluate raw materials, finished goods and other materials as needed. Document test results (computer and paperwork), create written documentation and procedures (SOPs), write reports, and perform select administrative tasks as needed. Participate in inter- and intradepartmental meetings for ongoing processes, problem resolution and process improvement strategies.
Specific Job Duties
1. Receive raw materials ( new and recertification ), vendor samples and/or out-of-house finished goods, review documentation, and determine/request testing or information needed.
2. Review/interpret test data and supplier information to determine suitability and acceptability of products.
3. Enter data and information into spreadsheets, databases, inventory management programs and produce tracking reports as required. Maintain documentation (logbooks, paper and computer records) per company/department policies and per current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
4. Investigate material issues, assist with determining appropriate raw material testing needed per cGMP and initiate the updating of raw material and finished product specifications to reflect changes.
5. Create and revise written work instructions, forms and standard operating procedures.
6. Perform calculations, including unit conversions, molecular weight calculations, metals calculations and dosage/serving size calculations.
7. Participate as a fully engaged member of a high performance, self directed work team to achieve Department and company goals. This includes working with co-workers and management to set goals. Monitor progress by recording and evaluating metrics, participation in team development activities, problem solving and drive inter- and intradepartmental process improvement.
8. Undergo pallet jack training and powered equipment training as needed to perform material review and disposition tasks.
9. Attend various meetings as a QC representative and problem solving team member.
10. Perform all tasks assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required
1. Excellent written and verbal skills.
2. Strong attention to detail, experience based.
3. Comp. experience: Outlook, Word & Excel.
4. Must pass Company math / writing assessment
4. 20/20 vision or corrected vision, ability to lift 30+ pounds.
5. Understanding of chemistry & mathematics, esp. algebra.
6. Two - Four-year degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a science-related field.
Skills and/or Training Desired
1. Science-related four-year degree.
2. Quality Control experience.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 850 employees.