Public Relations Manager
Summary of Job Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Public Relations Manager will plan, coordinate, and execute PR initiatives and to maximize sales of Threshold Enterprises and its brands.
Specific Job Duties:
- Design and implement PR strategy and projects to enhance brand visibility and leadership position.
- Write press releases; create and implement blog and twitter programs to maximize brand media exposure, positioning and sales.
- Contribute to our social media strategy.
- Systemically report on the effectiveness of marketing/PR projects by tracking costs and reporting measures of interest such as media mentions of Threshold and its brands.
- Proactively monitor industry trends and news to maximize PR exposure, identify strategic industry event marketing opportunities and position Threshold as a leader.
- Attain positive press for our brands, our products, and the company. This includes a focused effort on phone time to media representatives needed to maximize publicity for the least expense. Seek out and obtain interest about our products. Build positive relationships with the press.
- Represent the company to the media. Respond to inquiries as directed by management. Work with our Education Team to create background pieces for trade publications.
- Position Threshold company spokespersons as experts in their industry.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 5+ years PR experience.
- Outstanding positioning, messaging and writing skills; an aptitude for translating marketing input into persuasive communications.
- Demonstrated success positioning brands and companies as leaders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A strong placements track record.
- Ability to foster strong relationships with the Press.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and Internet.
- Experience using Cision Software and Burrelles- Luce, preferred.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Previous experience in consumer products or health and wellness industries.
- Agency and Crisis Management experience a plus.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 19 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 850 employees.